For new domains that are not yet registered, the following steps need to be taken for TelePacific to host the DNS for the domain:
- Register the domain with a valid domain registrar, such as Network Solutions, Register.Com, etc. Use the following name servers when prompted
- Contact the TelePacific systems engineer at 877-789-8722 and inform him/her so that the TelePacific servers can be configured to handle DNS for the domain.
For an existing domain currently registered and active, the following steps need to be taken for TelePacific to host the DNS for the domain.
- Our systems engineer will discuss when the change should be made to try to minimize any downtime in regards to email or website availability.
- A domain modification must be submitted to the registrar where the domain was registered, i.e. if the domain was registered with Network Solutions then the modification request must be done through Network Solutions. The method of this submission will depend on the registrar used. The modification needed is to change the name servers for the domain from their existing settings to the following:
- Contact our systems engineer at 877-789-8722 and inform him/her so that our servers can be configured to handle DNS for the domain.
Once the DNS has been set up, any future changes will be handled in one of two ways.
- If web hosting was also chosen, the DNS will be hosted on the web server and can be managed by you or your web admin along with the website. Any changes can then be made via that interface. Please reference your Web Hosting Guide on how to use this interface.
- If web hosting was not chosen, TelePacific will manage DNS for your domain. Please submit any requested changes to firstname.lastname@example.org which will generate a ticket for your request. A Systems Engineer will then process the ticket on a first-come first-serve basis. Turn around on tickets is usually within 24 hours.
For all DNS changes, please allow up to 24 hours for them to propagate to the rest of the Internet.
© 2017 TelePacific Communications All Rights Reserved.